SKIN SIN #6 PICKING YOUR SKIN
Skin Sin #6 - Picking your skin
Picking your skin can be irresistible, but don’t give into temptation! It can lead to the spread of bacteria and leave scarring. It can also delay your skin’s natural healing process.
- It can make the inflammation worse. You usually want to pop or pick a blemish because of how it looks, but unfortunately, this just makes it’s appearance worse. Pressing, picking and pulling on your blemish just damages the skin around it, causing more swelling and redness.
- It can cause scabs. When you pop a blemish, you release puss, which then scabs over and tempts you to pick at that scab. Scabs are very difficult to cover with concealer. Instead, treat your blemish with a small drop of neat Glycolic Cleanser. Leave it to work it’s magic, then cleanse, nourish, moisturise and protect your face as usual.
- It might leave scars. Constant picking and popping can result in serious scarring. Try to resist!!
- It can cause discolouration. Your skin can change colour around your blemishes. It's called Post Inflammatory Hyper-pigmentation (PIH). PIH is not a scar, it’s a flat area that’s slightly darker than the skin around it. The discoloration does go back to normal over time, but it can take a couple of years. Flint + Flint Serum can help to reduce pigmentation.
- It can cause infection. Dirty hands and tools can lead to an infection. When you pop a blemish, you're tearing the skin and leaving it open to bacteria. Always wash your hands thoroughly before you put them on your face.
The best solution to stop yourself from picking your skin is to understand that it is better for you to leave it alone. Hopefully, after reading this blog you will think twice before resisting temptation!
CLEANSE✔️ NOURISH ✔️ MOISTURISE✔️ PROTECT✔️