SUMMER SKIN SURVIVAL
The key to healthy, glowing summer skin.
Light nights and bright mornings, ice cold drinks and long lazy days in the sun can mean only one thing……summer has arrived. But in addition to the fun brought by the sun comes serious stress to our skin.
So we've devised a summer skin survival guide to reverse the signs of neglect showed to skin during the colder months and help keep skin protected from sun, sea salt, sand and the dehydration that comes with summer partying.
- Exfoliate. It’s time to eradicate tired, dead skin cells which can make skin look flakey, tired and lack lustre. The body sheds skin cells at an amazing rate every minute of every If you don't get rid of them, they just sit on your skin making it look dull and dry. No matter how much moisturiser you use, you're never going to have glowing skin if you don't exfoliate. So take heed and freshen up your skin with the Flint + Flint Exfoliator 2x, which has salicylic acid, jojoba oil and micro-scrubs to ensure a smooth and healthy looking complexion.
- The next essential job is to protect your newly glowing skin from the sun’s rays. Flint + Flint SPF 30 Primer protects the skin and also acts as a perfect base for make-up - an additional layer of protection from the sun. Apply and reapply every two hours.
- If you want to avoid fine lines, wrinkles and skin pigmentation then ditch the sunscreen and reach for the block. Apply your block over Flint + Flint Primer and your makeup to ensure you are properly protected all day long.
- Fake don’t bake. The best way to feel good in a bikini is to have a fake tan applied before arriving at the beach. This way you don’t actually have to subject your body to sun damage plus you will sweat less and have more time to mingle and party without having to worry about those tan lines!
- Rehydrate your skin. Sun exposure causes water to evaporate from the skin plus hot temperatures lead to perspiration and loss of water from the skin. The best way to replenish the skin is to drink water continually throughout the day.
- After a long lazy day on the beach ensure you remove all of your protective layers fully with Flint + Flint Everyday Wash. Cleansing your skin with harsh soap and too hot water can strip moisture from the skin so a proper cleanser is a must.
- Replenish. Once fully cleansed nourish the skin with Flint + Flint Moisturiser and Serum. Flint + Flint’s Moisturiser boasts active ingredients including polysaccharides and lipids that lock in moisture and stop skin drying out whilst Flint + Flint’s Serum is the perfect tool to restore that natural shine to your face. Enriched with Vitamin C and multi-mineral supplements, your skin will be energised and glowing all summer long.
- Luscious Lips. Just like the skin and other parts of the body, lips are exposed to the sun daily and can burn easily. Apply Flint + Flint’s Lip Hero regularly throughout the day to keep lips protected and moisturised.
Flint + Flint founder, Maxine Flint, says: “Summer is a lovely time of year but it does bring with it the dangers of sun exposure. As a skin care specialist this is something I consider throughout the entire year but pay particular attention to in the sunnier months.
“It is essential to protect skin daily. I use Flint + Flint’s SPF 30 Primer religiously and then hydrate regularly with our Moisturiser before restoring radiance with our Serum and applying sunblock to ensure my skin is fully protected throughout the day.”
Tell us your top tips for summer survival so we can share them with all our lovely clients.