DIY SPA TREATMENTS
Not everyone can afford to take the time out to visit a spa regularly both financially and practically. So we thought we'd share our best tips to help you transform your home for an ultimate home spa experience and get noticeable results for your skin.
1. Create some tranquility. Pick a day and time when no-one else is home and turn off your phone so you don't get interrupted and can really switch off. Light one of our indulgent scented Flint + Flint candles and dim the lights.
2. Use Flint + Flint Glycolic Cleanser to give your skin a really deep cleanse, removing dead skin cells and impurities. Using a small amount of cleanser work it into dry skin in small circular motions with your fingertips (avoid mixing the with water before applying as the water will dilute the strength of the active ingredients). Do this for 2-3 minutes then rinse off with warm water. Avoid contact with the eye area.
3. An at home facial steam can be great for clearing clogged pores and hydrating the skin. The old method of hot water in a bowl with a towel over your head will do the trick. Why not try adding fresh mint, green tea or sliced lemons to the water for a stimulating and rejuvenating treatment.
4. A good polishing scrub will help to smooth your skins surface whilst stimulating blood circulation for a glowing complexion, just like a mini microdermabrasion at home. Apply Flint + Flint Exfoliator 2x to the face using your fingertips and move in small circular motions for 3 minutes. Leave to then sit on the skin for an additional minute so the salicylic acid can work its magic and purify the skin. Remove excess with warm water.
5. Skin needs feeding as well as hydrating so give it a boost and use Flint + Flint Moisturiser 3x as a facial treatment. Apply a thick layer to your skin and apply cling film over the top (leaving holes over the eyes, mouth and nose), this will intensify the absorption of the product and help the Hyaluronic Acid and Retinyl work deeply into the skin for ultimate nourishment. We would also recommend doing the same treatment on your neck, Décolletage and hands, these areas of too often neglected in our skincare regimes but show tell-tale signs of ageing. Leave the product and clingfilm on the skin for 15 minutes then remove excess with warm water.
6. Finish off your facial treatment with applying Flint + Flint Serum which is packed with multi-minerals and Vitamin C to energise skin and restore radiance. Don't neglect the eye area and apply a small amount of Eye Hero to eye lids and underneath the eye to tighten, lift and brighten.
7. Time for some body work. For a DIY sugar scrub get a cup of natural cane sugar, 1/4 cup of standard body oil, 2 tablespoons of honey and about 15 drops of lemon essential oil to finish. Stir it all together and work into the skin all over the body. Rinse in the shower or in the bath to finish. Smooth radiant skin in no time! If you prefer a salt scrub - try mixing a cup of Kosher salt, 1/2 cup of Almond Oil, 2 teaspoons of fresh thyme (leaves only) and the zest of 1 lemon. Sounds good enough to eat but will leave your skin glowing.
We wouldn't advise you use either of these scrubs on your face as the skin on your face is very different and a lot more sensitive to ingredients.
If you are creating your spa experience during the day remember to pop on some SPF30 Primer before applying makeup or going outside to protect your skin and all that good work you've just done.
And there you have it, you'll be polished and preened to your hearts content and will be feeling relaxed and replenished from having taken an hour out the day to spend on yourself.