MOTHER KNOWS BEST
With mother’s day around the corner it’s the perfect time to reflect on the old mantra that Mother knows best…especially when it comes to passing down beauty secrets.
Skin care range Flint + Flint has researched the top ten tips passed down over generations from mother to daughter when it comes to looking after yourself and reveals some A-list secrets!
- Always remove your make up before bed
- Always moisturise your neck
- Never open a can with your nails - always with a key
- Always wear an SPF to protect from the sun’s harmful rays
- Don’t neglect your hands – dry, wrinkly hands will make you look older than you are!
- Treat yourself to a facial once a month
- Limit your weekly alcohol intake and don't smoke
- A decent haircut goes a long way- never attempt to cur your own fringe!
- Don’t over pluck your eyebrows
- Finally - smile! It cheers you up, hides any insecurities and lights up your whole face.
Here’s what some of the most glamorous celebrity Mums have to say:
“One thing my mom did tell me when I was like 16, that her mother had told her, is that to prevent wrinkles you need to start your skincare regimen really early,” says the actress. “So she had me using the right kind of moisturiser and an eye cream by the time I was 18, because she was all about preventive care for young-looking skin. Which I think has helped!”
The famous fashionista says her mother taught her the importance of eye cream. "I started wearing [it] when I was a teenager,” she says.
“My mother always taught me that taking care of your skin pays off. And she has beautiful skin -- and that's something makeup can't really do for you,” points out the Being Flynn star. “If you’ve got a good complexion, then you don't have to do much, and I learned that from her.”
“My mom was so funny!” says the star. “She used to make me wash my hair in vinegar, raw eggs, and I think even mayonnaise. I guess they worked, because I still have my hair!”
“To be beautiful, and to take the time to be who you are,” Katie said. “That’s so valuable, because we’re all running around trying very hard.”
Flint + Flint is a unique range of nine products to revolutionise any skin care regime. Out affordable range, which is all made in England, varies from between £12 and £48 offers a complete range of solutions for moisturising, cleansing and protecting any skin type.
The range includes Moisturiser x 3, Serum, SPF 30 Primer, Glycolic Cleanser, Everyday Wash, Exfoliator 2x, Eye Hero and Lip Hero. The affordable range, which is all made in England, varies in price from between £12 and £48 and offers a complete range of solutions for moisturising, cleansing and skin protection.